- Buffy The Vampire Slayer
the extent to which this show and character have helped me not lose my shit in the last year is crazy
Woman? Is that meant to insult me?
Just a few more women who’ve inspired me this year! From actresses, to politicians, advocates, to activists. Women are rising. Companion post can be found here .
Names: Robin Roberts, Mariska Hargitay, Angelina Jolie, Tatianna Maslany, Jourdan Dunn, Jessica Chastain, Nicki Minaj, Evan Rachel Wood, Danai Gurira, Nina Davuluri, M.I.A, Lucy Liu, Mallika Sherawat, Solange Knowles, Demi Lovato, Jessica Williams, Ming Na Wen, Anna Kendrick, Elizabeth Warren, Cecile Kyenge, Leticia Van de Putte, Anita Sarkeesian, Malala Yousafzai, Wendy Davis, Akenya Ntaiya, Licia Ronzulli, Brittney Griner, Mazie Keiko Hirono, Diane J. Humetewa, Edie Windsor.
I’d rather teen girls reading nothing but terribly written fanfics about their favorite OTPs that express healthy and emotionally-sound romantic relationships than “great literature” that teaches them they are prizes to be won or creatures to be controlled or destroyed.
- If I say “no” to someone and they get angry, this does not mean I should have said “yes.”
- Saying “no” does not make me selfish.
- Although I want to please the people I care about, I do not have to please them all the time.
- It is okay to want or need something from someone else.
- My wants and needs are just as important as those of anyone else.
- I have the right to assert myself, even if I may inconvenience others.